a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Whether vain set 17

An even worse time this set. In one picture I look drunk and on the way to the Conference in Clark, Pampanga, Sunday the 25th, I receive news that my dear spinster grandmother (my dad's aunt) who took care of my dad and my sister and I when we were growing up passed away in Bikol. I didn't attend the wake or the funeral. I was confused. I didn't know what was going on. This was the first time a close family member died and I was here in the Philippines (the first one when my dad's dad died, it was my first working day back in Boston in 2005). And I found myself crying driving to work. And crying dressing up for work. And still I couldn't get myself to go to Bikol. Anyway, my dad and my aunt Gilda went. And Tita Gilda has hearsay stories of how Lola Citan kept a picture of me (she thought it was me but it was another person) under her bed and she was asking for me just before she died. Heavy sigh. Necita Luzentales Corrioso was 87. I love you, Lola, and I will miss you. May God take you in His arms and may you rest in peace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home