a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Whether vain set 16

Yes, I noticed it. In the first nine sets, I think I looked less stressed out. I don't know. Yeah, I can still smile in my situation but inside me, I'm stressed. Who wouldn't be stressed in my situation- my 5-year project ends in August, and up to now I don't feel I really belong anywhere yet? The project I'm supposed to handle keeps pushing back. The latest news is that it's delayed for, get this, at least 6 months. So I've aired my sentiments at the first opportunity. And they're getting me to help another project. And there's this other opportunity I'm interested in more and I don't know if I can get that. That would be like the chance I need to prove I deserve going manager by the next round of deliberations. I think I'd like to concentrate on managerial tasks now. Although there's some fulfillment in analyzing programs and coding, it's like 'been there, done that' for me. Ever since I became senior consultant (Associate Manager) in 2004 but kept on doing development work until my last project folded in August, I felt like I was bursting at the seems with wanting to do management work. But I had to be patient... And now, it seems it's the right time, what with being patient for so long and giving everyone a chance too to be supportive of me. It's time to be assertive and stay only for the work that makes me happy too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home