a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Signs of the times

I think I was driving along Makati Avenue when I came upon this... So now they have trucks for transportation, huh. The better to haul dozens of them out there. (Sign says: Pretty, cheap too)Speaking of trucks, I've seen trucks carrying live pigs going to the slaughterhouse but I guess now even the insides are sold and go maybe to a factory that produce sausages or those innards some people grill and sell in the streets (i.e. blood, intestines).
A famous show in the 80's produced this dark-skinned comedienne but after a few years in the states, she's come back to endorse a skin-whitening product.
"From ebony to ivory" - quite apt. I wonder if that's really her in the black person image.
So the sign either warns headless children or mutants with tiny heads from stepping on the greenery.
Finally, amid the global crisis, people are now selling sweat(?!?). I don't think it'll turn around well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home