a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

here going lost: track 4

I wrote Missin' Missin' You while I was in Boston in 2005. It's about person 1 losing person 2 who can't commit or is used to playing the field. Person 1 is a martyr type and would rather endure the pain just to be with person 2; however, things can still change and for person 1 it was for the better - person 1's eyes opened and the two parted ways. But once in a while, person 1 can't help missing person 2. Person 1 has learned valuable lessons but it can't be helped - love doesn't disappear entirely right away.

This song is more bitter than sweet, listing down characteristics of player 2. And this song is as of this writing still with the arranger, Sam Valdecantos. To be able to include it in the cd, I took the first of two drafts of the arrangement I already dismissed before, the rock arrangement and recorded a study of the song in the studio. So when the February 2009 version of the cd comes out, I hope to have the final arrangement recorded by some other singer. I don't think it will be as rock-styled as this one. You'll just have to wait and hear :)

Charity-CD update: Slow and steady... I'll be using the next entry for all the names of people who have already gotten their own copies of this CD. Thank you very much for your support!

Here's Missin' Missin' You.

You reason you’re not ready
You said you’ll be there
Then you go and find someone
With whom your time you share

What difference with the playin’
Intentions simply bared
You’re out to finding someone who
You care enough to care for

For an unexpected longer time
My deepest wish I wouldn’t miss you in my mind

(But already) I’m missin’ missin’ you
The sweetest words I feel embracin’
Sooner than the pain it’s makin’
Missin’ missin’ you
Out into the distance pining
Later I know I am getting through

When you think you find the reason to
Finally share your life
When you go and find the one
For whom you turn yourself ‘round
When preference has lost its weight
And only love explains

On this same winding path for
For an unexpected longer time
Could I wish for a kiss goodnight?

Through the rain, the pain, the flames
It doesn’t help to hold on tighter
(It) breaks my heart to know that
Letting go might be the wiser, the wiser!
Oh, I’m missin’ you!

-instrumental-

Later, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I’m
Getting through my missin’ missin’ you

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home