a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Friday, November 14, 2008

here going lost

here going lost - a charity cd project.

Last August, I was mulling over what I could give as a Christmas present this year and I thought I could just package a few of my songs again in a cd. I first started doing something like this in 2001. Four years after my fourth cd, here I go again with three new, unrecorded songs plus the classic No Goodbyes. September - I found a new arranger to arrange two songs from 2005. Then I started scouting for people who could sing my songs. And then a wonderful idea popped into my head- I could partner with a group here at my office and sell the cd for charity! The proposal was submitted: Sell the cd for P50 and P40 will go to charity while P10 go to reproduction costs. Target units to be sold is 1,000 to raise P40,000 for charity! Ok, so now I have potential singers- a few friends and acquaintances here, and a few officemates there. I gave them the study cd with me roughly singing three out of the four songs (as of this entry, the fourth song is still with the arranger). Late October - recording started. I was also able to get an artwork from a young Swedish artist, xjoshua, for the cover. It's a sketch of Jeff Thomas, creator of popular web strip characters Pon and Zi.

Tomorrow afternoon will be the last recording session at Love One Another studios at C5. Afterwards, I'll be busy choosing the main tracks and the bonus tracks (per cd version), writing the cd insert text, and burning and printing on the actual cd. I'll be posting the lyrics, snippets of the recorded songs, thoughts about the songs, and the cd production in the next few blog entries.

Please watch out for the cd and buy a few copies. I hope to come out with it by the first week of December. It'll be a great present for Christmas and you'll be able to help underprivileged children through some notable charities (still choosing... Food For Hungry Minds? CRIBS?)

For more information, contact me at +639178535222 or send me IM via yahoo (cookie_curious), via aim (cookiecurious) , message me through this blog or via email at yahoo or at me@jaybeecc.com

Thanks for your support!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home