a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Friday, October 31, 2008

Just Thunder

No, no, no, it wasn't THAT funny at all. It was just... nice. War movie in a comedy movie. Nice that Stiller and Black and Downey Jr. could all get together for this movie. Nice effort all around but it wasn't laugh-out-loud funny. I think I snickered once or twice. I was surprised with what happened to the war movie's director though. And I didn't right away think that the war hero would be... Oh, oh! And only near the end did I remember and realize that the big-shot, potty-mouthed, dancing producer was Tom Cruise!
But no matter, even Downey Jr. acting and looking black in the war movie didn't do it for me. On a more positive note, Tropic Thunder cut The Dark Knight's 4-weekend reign in the U.S. box-office charts. 3 stars out of 5 tops.
The other day, very early in the morning, there was a thunder-storm here in Manila. It sounded like there was a war going on. Scary and weird- now that was thunder!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home