a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Food Trip!

So first we go to Katipunan where we find Cravings. Across Ateneo Gate 1 and alongside McDonalds, the building it's housed in has been there since, um,... Before 1987? Oh, you wouldn't get it. I must've eaten there only twice before. My third time- we had dinner there, a month or so ago. Here's their table setting. And the drinks that we ordered: Mango shake, iced tea, and water.
And they have this promo- when you ordered a specific item on the menu, it comes with buffet salad! And there I was, the non-vegetarian.
Last month, friends from the office and I went around the Quiapo, Divisoria, and Binondo areas to look for small give-away trinkets for our Department's Town-hall meeting. For lunch we went to this Chinese restaurant in a two-story apartment building, much like how Aysee's is in Pasig.
The food was quite affordable so we sort of binged. And it was my first time tasting cua-pao! Nobody told me before it was like the siopao bread without any filling!
My companions also ordered chicken feet. Obviously, I didn't try it. Dessert was a Baker's Fair square, warm treat that I forgot the name of. No, it isn't hopia. Aargh! But I know I've tasted it before and I've seen a Baker's Fair at Greenhills too.
On to Metrowalk where a new restaurant has sprung up since I was last there. Carlo's Pizza.
There's the menu cover... And here are a couple of wrapped hotdogs. Unique, huh? :) Tasty too!
Fried Mozzarella.
Lasagna that's in an unconventional round dish.
My drink - mango shake. Gives you an idea of what my favorite drink is...
The wall decor across our table...
Pizza with chicken slices...
And still nearer to where I live, an Ice Cream store! I'll visit again after the recording sessions...
They also serve pizza. No they don't sell the Sto. Nino statuettes.
Different kinds of ice cream... on a stick, in a cup, in a cone, sundaes...
Not called the Ice Cream Store for nothing. Ice Cream store - along P.Tuazon, left side of the road when you're headed east.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:58:00 PM, Blogger . said…

    Nakakagutom naman iyan.

     
  • At Sunday, October 26, 2008 5:09:00 AM, Blogger linktokrish said…

    I suddenly recall our food trip at The President's in Binondo every time we have an educational field trip for my Chinese Mandarin class back in college. haaayyy.. food's so heavenly and was my first time to see so many Chinese people in one place.. bweheehheheeh!! Dun ko lang din natikman yun Tsing Tao (yung beer nila) and ang sarap! =) Hayyy.. reminds me of my street food tripping with my orgmates too! Basta nagkasama-sama, nalilibot namin halos ang buong UP Dil and dorms na may nagtitinda ng isaw at kung anu-anong pagkain. Waahhh, memories again. hehehhehe... Sometimes I can't help but feel so old... hihihihi... =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home