a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Friday, January 16, 2009

Food for comfort

Eat and be merry! Christmas. For you'll never know if you'll continue to be happy... New Year. Or you don't have money to eat out and your fridge is stocked with only water, maybe some ice. Ice baybeh. Enough of the corn! Here are places I've eaten at recently and which you may also want to check out. Or not.

First up, Bigby's. Tried this resto back in Cebu. All I could remember was that the fried chicken serving was huge and pretty affordable. So when I saw that a branch opened at Megamall, I had to try it again. Here's their placemat. We ordered some pork.
And beef.
And chicken. Which we returned for additional frying because a bit of blood oozed out of the white meat. Eee-double-u! The meal was ok. Big enough serving and yes still very affordable.
Hop on to Secret Recipe at Shangri-la. Here's their menu.
I had mango shake and some water to drink.
And chicken cordon. The chicken and the meat filling were tough. The rice was, like, cooked and then microwaved to heat again so... For it's price range, not recommended. My opinion.
And then over at Shoppesville, replacing Pilita Corrales' oldies hub, is Flapjacks. Heard about it over the radio. Am a fan of pancakes. Not that huge. But enough to want to try it. So there I was, ordered two plates! (I was hungry that time.) Sidenote: I didn't get why there were stuffed teddies at the counter... Hmm, there's a small standee at the left side I wasn't able to read...
My first plate- ultimate breakfast. (I was there 8PM.)
And I also ordered omelette with sausage and cheese.
And my friend ordered (um) Pineapple ham and egg. With java rice. I think. Anyway, I was so full after that dinner.
And most recently, I was at Shangri-la again and two resto's down from Secret Recipe is Steaktown. It has to be related to House of Minis because they have the same style of serving a complete meal from salad to soup to main to ice cream. Only Steaktown seems to be pricier.
I didn't touch the soup of the day- tomato. I picked up apple cubes from the salad bar.
And I had peppered steak. It was good but not that good. I didn't even finish it.
So, I hope that whetted your appetite a bit. If you eat at these establishments, leave a comment if you liked it there or not. And I'll continue posting my dining experiences too.

My ratings: (Just my opinion and based on my experience and the food that I ate at the establishment)
Bigby's Megamall - 3.5 out of 5. Worth going to. Ok for pig-out or "cowboy" dates.
Sexret Recipe Shangri-la - 2.5 out of 5. Pricey. Not outstanding. Ok for trying-to-impress dates.
Flapjacks Greenhills - 3 out of 5. Pricey. Filling. Ok for buddies hanging out or pigging out.
Steaktown Shangri-la - 2.5 out of 5. Pricey. Not outstanding. Ok for parents.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home