a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pet peeves

I don't like driving behind smoke-belchers. Why are there any still? Some people must not be doing their jobs... I think they're hidden somewhere where they can just pounce on color-coding violators. Back to the smoke-belchers... I especially dislike getting Stella (my car) fogged because it sticks to her body and seeing as I don't have her washed more than once a week, children playing along our streets find it rather amusing to scribble their names and other messages on Stella.
Another peeve is entering a full parking lot that has several vertical levels that when there are no signs of anyone driving out, you'd have to look for another lot to park at and you've just used up gas the parking lot doesn't pay for and for some lots, they still charge you their minimum rate.

And then there's seeing these posters...
I'm not surprised why people throw stuff at it or overwrite the text with nasty messages. My question is "Why?" Why do these politicians have to plaster their names and images on every project they green-light? Was it their personal money? I'm guessing they will get to add on to their personal stash. I see waiting sheds with the whole name of the politician on top like there was a bus named the same going to stop there and pick up passengers. Do not vote for these people!

Ooh, have you seen the tv ads of Loren Lagarda and Manny Villar? Isn't it too early? Ok, ok, you want to help the "masang Pilipino," and become President. But seeing your faces and reading your names constantly is, in my opinion, disgusting.
All in the family: this Arlene girl who wants to follow in the footsteps of final-councilor-termer-brother is working pretty early to get her name out there and be known. They have contracts in place they wouldn't want other people getting? They want to keep the meager councilor salary in the family? Geez, anyone who gets to be President or a law-maker should first raise the salaries of government employees so they won't consider illegal means to get wealthy.

I still would want to be President or someone with enough power to change things for the better. But I don't think I'll do any good dead. And I fear the people in power now can easily kill off or "silence" anyone who radically don't follow the lead. Sigh. Hang in there, beloved country. Soon, things will be better.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home