a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Monday, December 31, 2007

Suddenly, it's magic!

Last Dec. 5, as part of their '12 Days of Christmas' promotion, the morning radio show, Good Times With Mo, gave away a laptop to the listener who would be able to guess the place that they would call. Somewhere out there. Where in the World is Carmen Santiago? So whoever they called gave some clues, and the DJ's did too. I just got out of the shower when I heard DJ Mo said anyone can use the internet and Google the clues. And so I booted up my computer and searched for the keywords that were mentioned - Peele Street and West Island. Another clue was the time difference between the place they called and Manila - 13 hours. And so when I got the place which was my guess, someone had already called the station. The guy's name was JB. And when asked what his guess was, he said Vancouver in Canada. Incorrect. I dialed and lucky me, I got through the line! Ordinarily, it would be extremely difficult to get through. I was surprised that after one ring, DJ Mo was on the other end asking me if I had a guess. They asked me my name first and I gave JB too and they were a little amazed that another JB got through to call. And then that's when I gave my answer which was Montreal, Canada.I called December 5, Wednesday, and went to the station the following day. Too bad, Mo forgot to bring the LENOVO LAPTOP I WOOOONNNN!!!! (Imagine Oprah shouting and her eyes popping out). Yes, my answer was correct, and a couple of callers were pretty bitter about my winning. Here's Mohan, Joseph, and Miguel inside the DJ's booth.And here's a shot of the LENOVO LAPTOP I WOONNNN!!!! I came back that afternoon to pick it up. I also won a Magnolia Foods gift basket with ham and cheese and milk in it. It wasn't a spectacular model. It had Vista Basic for the O/S but only 512MB of memory. Anyway, still grateful and thankful, and I'm sorry I couldn't express more excitement and jumpiness over winning the prize unlike some of the girls who screamed and shouted and burst at least one blood vessel when they won a big prize. It's just that I'm milder mannered.Again, thank you Magic 89.9 and Mohan Gumatay (Mo) and Joseph Javier (Mojo Jojo) for the chance and for the prize. And thank you to that show's sponsors. Hmm, what else? Amazing that I won! I've never won anything this big before. So mom's using the laptop for when she does her training seminars. And I'm using my old laptop. Maybe I'll win something else again. Just have to listen regularly. You should too.

It's been a magical year, truly.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home