a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Outback Steakhouse @ C5

As a birthday treat to my dad last October 24, me, my mom, and dad had dinner at Outback Steakhouse along C5. First of all, I think their prices are too high, period. But that's not why we only had water to drink.
We ordered calamari, seafood linguini, and chicken breast in mushrooms and cheese. I specifically told the order-taker that I wanted the mushrooms on the side. But when my chicken arrived and I had already cut some of it into pieces and I had already put some in my mouth, I see the mushroom are still on top of the chicken and in the cheese. I pick off the mushrooms- which was a little difficult to do what with the cheese already melted, then proceeded to eat. But when a customer service lady came by to ask how our dinner was, I told her about my issue. She apologized and told us that she'll give us their signature dessert on the house. First I declined but she was insistent.
The calamari wasn't particularly nice too. Dad had a little bit of an allergic reaction to it and part of his cheeks turned red and mildly itchy. And while mom was twirling some noodles on her fork, she sees it- a piece of clear plastic in the linguini!!! We quickly called the customer service girl again and showed it to her. She just as quickly took the plate and examined the plastic, profusely apologized, said they'll get us a new plate, and scurried back to the kitchen with the half-eaten plate of seafood linguini before I could even take a photograph of the plastic. When she came back, she verified that it was plastic and that it could have probably been from the calamari that was cooked. Aha, I thought so the calamari came in plastic bags and wondered how long had it been in stock already. The customer service girl volunteered to give us a discount card on top of the free dessert. Part of me would've wanted to ask that our meal be free but out of pity for whoever might be charged for the meal or might get sacked, I just took what they offered. Another man who looked like an assistant manager came by and also apologized. We had the linguini wrapped for take-out and just ate the dessert before we paid and left.
The 15% discount didn't make a dent on the bill due to Vat and service charges coming up to 22%.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home