a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Seeing stardust

I had the comic book from way back. Someone borrowed it and apparently lost it. Tsk. I wish I had it back so I could read it again. Nevertheless, the movie version is excellent. Everything was wonderful: the background music, the effects... The movie had action, comedy, suspense, some drama, adventure, and of course the fantasy element to bind them all together.
Robert de Niro and Michelle Pfifer of course gave excellent performances. The newbie (?) actor playing Tristan did very well too.
Claire Danes, on the other hand... I think someone else could have played her character - the falling star- just as well or even better. She does have a heart-melting line when she pours her heart out to Tristan who she thinks can't hear or understand her.
All in all, I suggest you go to your cinemas now and watch this movie. 4 out of 5 stars!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home