a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Monday, January 07, 2008

Cebu in Pictures, Part 2

Going to the office. It was raining a bit. The fare was P6 only. And the local term for fare was the same here as it is in Bicol where my parents are from. Ple-te. I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right. But at least, you should be able to pronounce it correctly. Ok, here: Plee-tee.Jeepney routes have a code. I rode the 14-D jeepney. And to go home, I just have to ride the same numbered jeepney. There were quite a number of route codes I saw like 14-B and 36-D. Wait, nope, the last one is a bra size. But there were quite a number of caucasians about so...Here's the terminal where I got off. Um. Here's the terminal where I got off from the jeepney to walk to my office building. In the background with the green roof is Marriott hotel. I can't stay there because the hotel rates are more expensive there. You have to pay for the hard-to-spell something-something-starred hotel name.Glance to the right and there's where I work. Under the lamp post in the middle. The building! No, it's not that small. It's eight floors tall.And beside the jeepney terminal is the Ayala Mall. Goody!Same stores you would see in Manila - Giordano, Springfield, Marks and Spencer, Memo, Jollibee, KFC, McDonald's, and then there's a branch of Smokin' Rice at the Food Choices level. No, I didn't eat there again.A shot of the roof. I was looking for a laptop security cable but found only a short one being sold at some tech shop. I didn't buy it. I wanted to find a gym I could go to. There was a Fitness First gym in the mall but I just passed by it. It was a relatively big mall. One lunch hour is not enough to go explore.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What I remember when riding a jeep in Cebu is that they say "Palihug" when reaching their fare, and they would knock the ceiling when they want the jeep to stop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home