a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Sunday, July 22, 2007

100th blog post

Wow. A year ago, I was hesitant to get a blog of my own because my web host service for jaybeecc.com already came with a forum where I could post whatever I wanted to write about. And for years I was content with that. Well, things evolve somehow, and a blog is the way to easily get your stuff/content out into the wide web world.

Initially, I re-posted some of what I already wrote in my website forum. You can read them here. And then I stopped for a couple of months to concentrate on the independent film, Mean Well. And when I came back to post, I tried to set a theme... pictures of Churches I go to to attend mass in. I wasn't able to continuously visit a different church every Sunday so that idea fell through. And then slowly, and starting from the time I got a camera phone to take pictures more quickly than when I just used my video camera, I got into a rhythm of posting pictures of people, things, and places that interest me. And now, more frequently and consistently, I post short articles accompanied by pictures of people, things, and places that I experience.

One thing in this blog I'd like to maybe pursue later is to collect Fingermask'd pictures of people. It's certainly quirky and original (thanks to Warren Herrero, my officemate who gave me the idea by posing the Fingermask way in one photo I took of him). And then there could be a new pose coming- it's called the break-neck pose and you could see a couple of photos of me in this pose in the latter sets of the Whether Vain project.

From writing literary stuff, to songs to mail-zines (above image from Bitch n' Feces: Rare Pure Gas), to making my own website portal, to making independent digital features, to posting to this blog, to vlogging... things are coming together nicely. Now, I'd like to try to be able to get something from the hours I spend online, to maybe help finance my next independent feature project.

In the meantime, as a tip of the hat to the days when I was somehow able to write poetry, here's something I wrote yesterday. It's cheesy, I know. I love cheese!

I thank God for blessing my soul
and gifting you to me
stars align
conspire even
to bring us to today

I swear to make it last
imperfect though am I
this feeling I won't wish to undo
no doubt or indecision
for the lifetime remaining
I commit myself to pursuing your happiness
I love you so
and for life, this affirmation

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home