a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Monday, May 14, 2007

Scared-y Cat


Another song from 2001. I tried to splice two videos together to show the "conscience" part getting sung separately. Funny. Leave comments here or at youtube. Thanks!

Oh, and someone asked that I sing No Goodbyes again and to dedicate the video to his friends. I'll try to do that as soon as I can. You guys could also send in requests for dedications to this address.

***

Sometimes falling in love is more frightening than riding the tallest and fastest roller coaster with the most number of dangerously twisted turns and loops. Understandably, some folk would turn away from the entrance to the "love-ride" while some brave it. Some come out totally whacked, some unscathed, and a few enjoy the ride so much, they fall in line again.


Scaredy-cat
(2001)

I see her walk in the room
She wouldn't know it -- my heart just went zoom
I'd think of sweet words to say
But all I hear myself blurt out is "Hey."

I'm a scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
Wish I knew how to roar
A scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
Never felt this before
A scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
I think I'm in love with --

#You'd catch a glimpse of her eyes
#And suddenly you're all but paralyzed
#Her voice then blows you away
#She's all you think about every single day

#If you're in love with her scaredy-cat
Wish I knew how to roar
#You better tell her that, scaredy-cat
I wouldn't know how to
#Move it or lose it now, scaredy-cat
She might even not like you

Me, I'm a scaredy-cat
My knees buckle when at bat
I fear losing her but then I realize
The worth -- her smile, her voice, her eyes

#You're just a scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
I'm going to take the chance
#Plain old scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
I'm going to make the stance
#Scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
I know I'm in love with --

#Shed it, scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
I'm gonna be braver
#No more scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat
Whatever her answer
#Is he scaredy-cat, scaredy-cat?
I love you

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home