a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Good time

I had been listening to DJ Mo's morning program on Magic 89.9 FM for a couple of weeks now- usually when driving to work. And I try to catch their now (in)famous Wednesdays' Forbidden Questions episodes when he would pitch naughty and controversial questions/tasks to his guests. DJ Mo's co-hosts are nymphs Mojo Jojo and Maui Taylor. Tuesdays, these three would try to outdo each other in trivia questions or games until one of them has (almost) completely undressed.

This morning, but since Maui Taylor was not around, the duo of Mo and Mojo took calls and had fun with their listeners. I had just woken up when Mo suggested they play a "Same Name" game where the object would be to give twonames of people whose surnames match but who are really different from each other. They gave a couple of examples and I forgot if they took a caller already before the song break but I caught their phone number and dialled and was surprised when during the song break and after only one ring, Mo's voice was on the other line asking me "Who's this?" I told him my name and the purpose of my call and gave him my contribution for the name game: Derek Ramsey and Elizabeth Ramsey. He swore a malutong na "Putang-" then told me to hold the line.

When the song ended, the two dj's spoke with me and I was even given a *Cute boy alert* for having a nice-sounding voice on air. They also joked about the name I gave- JB, that when you spell it backwards... So on to the game, I gave them my contribution and it was funny enough to merit free movie tickets! Mo then asked me to come by tomorrow to pick my prize up. Coolness.

DJ Mo's radio program, Good Times with Mo Twister, airs Mondays thru Thursdays 6-9AM. The images are from the Magic 89.9 site- click the post title.

Labels: