a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

No Goodbyes


Hmm, I think I actually started writing this song late 2001 then maybe finished it (got the final arranged music on tape) around January 2002. Anyway, here are the contents- a brief note and the original unrevised lyrics- of the notepad file I had for this song around that time. (That's my old SMART mobile number posted below)

***

Some people take longer to get over some stuff, others just a bottle of beer, or a movie, or another cutie. Sooner or later, move on, don't get stuck, especially on something or someone who's clearly not worth getting stuck on. You can say your goodbyes or...


No Goodbyes
(2002)

I would sit alone and hope noone would bother me
I'd sing alone, find comfort in one melody
But then I found you
My world turned around
I only want to sit or sing alone with you

My life had changed
Experienced much I never would have known
It's so strange to learn this painful lesson now
When I had found you
My heart had set for home
But you couldn't let it in
I'm still alone (with you)

No goodbyes, I never really had you
So why should I feel so bad to leave you
No goodbyes

T'was a mistake I let myself fall for you
Hard to shake off letting go or wanting to
be more than friendly as I had raised my hopes
And as I pick my broken pieces now I know

No goodbyes, I never really had you
So why should I feel this bad to leave you
No goodbyes

*bridge

No goodbyes, I never really had you
No goodbyes, I'm leaving you, leaving you
No goodbyes

=====
jon b. c. corrioso
+63-918-914-7567

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
-- Joseph Chilton Pearce

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home