a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fingermasks

I don't know if there's actually a term for what's shown in the pictures above but searching for finger masks or hand mask or fingers around eyes in the internet just points me to beauty-regimen links mostly. So, let me tell you how this all began...

My two co-workers and I passed by the office clinic to measure our weights when another co-worker stepped in to get some meds. Now I said I would take his picture (top-left) and he gamely posed with his hands upside-down and forefingers encircling his eyes. (I would later ask him what that thing-with-his-hands-pose was called and he just said it was an old whatever that was like a mask) When my two-co-workers and I got back to our cubes, we ate our lunch, then started taking pictures of ourselves in the same "finger/mask" pose and we had so much fun with it because first, we didn't know how to bend our arms and hands and fingers initially; and second, the pictures were hilarious with multiplying chins, plumped up faces, missing necks etc...

I wonder if I can convince ordinary folk I meet on the street to pose the same way? Well if anyone can point me to a site that has info on the origins of (from this point) Fingermasks, please drop me a line. And if you want to submit photos of people you know in the same pose, feel free to send them to fingermask@jaybeecc.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, December 12, 2014 9:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was also trying to find this finger mask thing and finally I gave up and asked my Dad who is pretty old. He said it was from the old Fritos chips advertisements. on TV there was a character named the Frito Bandito who, like so many cereal characters, would try to steal your Fritos. The Bandito had a fan club and that was the thing the club members did to show their secret identities as Frito banditos. Though I haven't found evidence to support this yet and some of my Dad's stories are taller than the empire state. I though it was a good one and wanted to share it with you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home