a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Bamboo raft accident

And so we rented out a balsa to take us out to the open sea- 200 meters or so from the breakwater. But we had to walk a hundred meters to the balsa first. Yeah, what a deal, right?

With my mobile phone in tow, I took pictures left and right. Behind me is (she's a fingermasker) Spartan Girl who can attract jellyfish when she wears her flipflops on her hands.

There it is- the balsa we're going to go on! And jellyfish are starting to appear...

Don't be afraid! Remember Diana Ross singing If We Hold On Together...


A few meters away and I'll be onboard! I reach the end of the raft and I tuck my mobile phone in my shirt. I grab the raft and try to pull myself up and on. I raise my right leg and step on the raft's bamboo flooring and then CRACK!


The piece of bamboo I stepped on collapsed under my foot and my foot went through the hole and got scratched so much in several places, there was profuse bleeding. It was painful. But hey, bleeding wounds are naturally painful, right? Who's not smiling now? Is that a smirk? Trying not to faint from the sight of blood and embarass yourself more, huh?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home