a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Corregidor in Pictures, Part 2

Click on the title for a site offering a brief history of Corregidor.

*******
I'm happy I wasn't there during the war.
I don't want to imagine the thousands of bodies piling up dead then.I'm glad to have not had the chance to look into this barrel when it was still functioning.The tour guide said Corregidor was a veritable wasteland after the war. It took years and years before the government-spread ipil-ipil seeds grew and re-forestation of the island was complete.The recoil on these things must have been tremendous.And when it spun to an angle, the ground must have shook.And here we are now, oblivious to the death and tragedy. Feared war tools are now amusing photo elements.Why, oh, why didn't I get on one too?!?
Upcoming in Part 3... the Lighthouse!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home