a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

a musing: derivations of a non-conformist idealist

Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Elbow Room, Metrowalk

The billiard tables were covered up. The VIP rooms were closed still. And very few people came to eat there then besides my co-workers from other projects who scheduled a fund-raising concert for a mission school our company was supporting every year. The Elbow Room. June 14, 2007.


Noon. The sun was scorching hot. I was there, invited to sing a few songs for the fund-raising. The weekend before was the only time I had a chance to prepare something. I put together two medleys, one of cartoon songs and another songs from musicals. And so the day came when, amidst the employees from other projects, I had to stand up on stage and sing. The slide on the third to the last high note on the first medley was embarassingly noticeable (Darn it, Quasimodo!). And it was a part my video camera was able to catch before its battery died in the middle of the second medley. Oh, well, better luck next time, if there's a next time, and if I have time to practice some at all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home